I started to experiment with computer generated fire again. This was the first thing I tried out when I was introduced to computer graphics some years back.
At the time I was amazed by the default fire-but assumed it wouldnt look so good when rendered as an animation-especially on fast moving objects.
While looking at using real fire and filming it for another animation project, I revisited my Lava Demon test animation from early 2009 and started to add fluid fire to it.
The results havent been bad so I am working on that, and hopefully will have it finished by new year or earlier.
Here is a photo of the fire (building it flame by flame) on the figure(with it rendered invisible).
You can just see the outline of the mouth and eyes and fingers.
It will be layered onto the animation of the figure I did almost 2 years ago.